Monday 24 December 2012

Aqua Love


Chapter 1 

I walked across the road of Rose Street to Rose street primary school. Hush, my pet puppy, was chewing on his lead while Mum walked him. Mum likes to give Hush walks while she takes me to school, she says it helps save her time to do other things.  All of a sudden a super-cute-aqua-blue-eyed-kitten runs towards me and, and looks at me desperately and I look at mum, “Mum...” I begin, "can I...”  
My words trail off as Hush lifts up his left leg, and PEES. I let out a groan and Mum stares at Hush as barks happily. 
"Gross, Hush!!” I scream staring at the puddle of yellow stuff next to a tree. 
“What were you going to say again, Allie?” Mum asks me as she throws her spare cloth on the ground. "Can I keep this adorable  kitten ?” 
“I don’t know, honey,Mum says quietly. "Dad is the local vet, right?” I point out, trying to tempt her. “Cats don’t need walks, too y’know”.  
“Ok, you can, but you have to pay for it and take care of it”, she said wisely
 ”Ok.”

Chapter 2 Deciding 

Toni Cloud, Mitchel Jakes and me sat in our desks deciding what to name the kitten I told them about. “How bout Bluey?” suggested Tony.”Nah”, I replied “its just, er, too, em...... blue. “Cutesy?,”Tony suggests.”Maybe,” I say, “Meet at the BFF’s treehouse after school.” “OK,” they both reply, grinning. 
After class I go home, get changed into my purple t-shirt and jeans, pack some stuff into my blue bag, put on my helmet and ride to the BFF’s treehouse. The BFF’s treehouse was a treehouse my dad and grandpa made for me,Toni and Mitchel when we were five. The treehouse is not in my yard so its at the park and only me and my friends only. When I arrived Toni was patting the kitten and I am a little surprised. 

“Where did you find her?,”I ask. “Your mum said you forgot her,”She said. Mitchel was playing his guitar and the kitten leapt out of Toni’s arms and lay on her back in front of Mitchel waiting for him to tickle her. “We can call her Giggles?,” Mitchel grins. “Maybe,”I say. We spend the rest of the afternoon playing with the kitten and writing down possible names in our journals. Mitchel runs down to the corner sweet shop to get lollies and vet to get some catfood. 

The little kitten nibbles on it while we lick the lollies and gum. We all borrow Toni’s phone to tell our parents we are going to sleep in the BFF’s treehouse. The treehouse had a wooden roof and dark violet curtains and a long purple rug, the lights are a little dim. We put our sleeping bags down and I run down to a store to get a blanket for the kitten. Toni shares some marshellows and Mitchel shares some cookies and I share some hot chocolate I bought when I was getting some blankets for the kitten. We are all asleep and Toni makes a call saying we are camping in here the whole weekend. 

“Whaddaya wanna do guys?,” I ask in the morning. “Lets go to your granparents place!!,” Mitchel suggests, looking up from his laptop. 

“OK,” I say and we pack up, put our bags in the baskets on our bikes. I put the kitten carefully in a mini seat in front of me and strap its seatbelt. We ride to my grandparents’ house slowly. The kitten looks at the birds and meows quietly when we arrive. 

“Hello my dears!,” gran says.

“I forgot...,” I say “, I have a kitten.” “Really dear?” “Yes” I show her the kitten. It meows and puts its hands out, gran picks her up. “Oh you cutey, wootey, little kitten, you suit my grandaughteer perfectly!! She had the same shy eyes when she was born too!!,” she coos. “Gra-an!!,” I laugh. Gran suggests we call her twinkle and we say we should call her glitter and so the kitten is called Glitter.
 We go to my place for a sleepover on the term holidays and play with Glitter. “I made her just like her name!!,” Mitchel giggles “, Haahaaaheeeheee, c-cus I p-put g-g-glitter on her!!,” he laughs. “Mitch-el!!,” Toni exclaims and pats Glitter. I grin and glance at Glitter, who is covered in brown glitter. “Brown really doesn’t suit her yellowish skin,” I joke. “Yeah, Mitchel,” Toni teases. Her long brown hair hiding a wide grin.
That afternoon we wash Glitter, she is a water kind of cat and doesn’t scratch me when we wash the glitter off her. “Mitchel, you shouldn’t have put glitter on Glitter,” I say, scrubbing Glitter. “Haaahaaaahaaaheeeeheeeeeheee!!!,” Mitchel laughs “ Geddit? Don’t put Glitter on glitter!!! Heehee!!”  Toni just stares at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment