Wednesday 2 October 2013

Alliane Port~A Fresh Start

Author's note: This story is based on my experiences of moving. It's the first of a new series I'm writing: Alliane Port. Oh, and guess what? In my new school, I teach English at Indonesia! So you see...things get better!

Chapter One- Goodbye Brisbane!

We buckled our straps and looked out. The cool, crisp air was being replaced by the chilly atmosphere of planes.
"You ready, Alliane?" Dad said, squeezing my hand.
"Yep," I said, feeling confident.
"Attenshun," an Asian woman said. "We arre aboute to taik off. Pleise fassen you seetbelet."
Without warning, the strong wings fold open, like the wings of a resting dove. Suddenly, I realised how I was going to miss this place. No more Hailey, Mrs Hansworth, Darlhing Elementary. Tears streamed down my cheeks.
"Allie," Dad said. "Remember, whatever you do, promise yourself, you'll see this fresh land again."
I sobbed and whispered, "Y-yes....d-da-d...."
A few hours later, my stomach felt cold and empty. I ignored the feeling and flicked through a magazine.
My cheeks felt cold after the warm tears faded.
I wondered about my new school. Will I make any friends? Best friends? Enemies? Maria Florence was enough to get under my skin. Will the Indonesian kids be kind?

Chapter Two-
The frozen liquid slid down my dry throat.
Millions of black heads rubbed by my hair.
"Oy, Bambang!" a man yelled loudly.
A statue of a man and a woman wearing Javanese clothes glistened above our heads. Jill and Marcy, my twin sisters, blinked sleepily.
"Alliane!" Mum said. "Drink your milk!"
I gulped the rest of the frosty liquid. This milk had no cream. Instead it prickled my throat, a sickly sweet liquid.
A grey kitten sat on the stairs. I walked over to it and picked it up. "Mew," it whispered.
"Ush, Allie, put that down!" scolded dad. I wish I could take it, and stroke it more. I put down the little body. "Goodbye, Cloudy," I said, naming it.
The kitten opened it's mouth, but a fierce guard kicked it aside and ushered some Spanish tourists up the stairs.

"I wish you farewell," I said, a teeny teardrop falling on my cheek.
"This is so bowing!" Marcy said, twirling her hair. "Eeew, Jilly!"
Jill had her finger in her mouth.
"Jill!" I tutted. "What do you have left to bite?"
"Sooe, Awiame," she said in thumb speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment