Tuesday 15 October 2013

News Bulletin: NEW HAMSTERS

Hey guys! I'm going to start something called the "News Bulletin". So, I only have two things to tell you today....NEW HAMSTERS. Yep, two normal hamsters. (I think that's their breed....:-I)
Mine is a two week old (that's what my cousin told me). He looks a BIT like this:

But my hamster doesn't have that much black on him. He is called Chippy, and he loves to run around in circles when he hears music. I call it dancing.



My sister, Iris, also has a hamster. He sort of looks like this:
His name is Max, and he loves eating. He isn't as big as the hamster in this picture. Once, he bit my sister until her thumb bled! But he's cute.









Next headline:
Today was 'Idul Adha'. You pronounce it "Eidul Adeha". We fast for a day, then, after that, we pray together. We only do two raka'ats, but we say "Allahu akbar" seven times.
Weeks, maybe even MONTHS before it happens, people buy an animal. Cows, sheep, in Arab, maybe even CAMELS! Usually, seven people buy a cow together, since it's so expensive. Now, we buy an animal for the slaughtering. A crowd gathers and prays as the sheep or cow are cut. My mum said you had to learn to sacrifice  something to show your love for god. I said instead, could I sacrifice my LPS, but she just laughed.

Okay, anyway, so when you finish sacrificing the animal, the people cut it and divide it amongst everyone. In my entire village, there were only seven animals!
In my Grandma's village, there were like, twenty!
After that, everything went back to normal for most people.
Thanks for listening to this report!

No comments:

Post a Comment