Wednesday 23 October 2013

Edge of the Cliff

Chapter One- Revenge Is Best Served Cold

I hugged my knees and stared. The water reflected back a sad, small, humiliated girl. How could Bridgette do this to me? She was my best friend...But then again, Bridgette does unexpected things. Why would she call me names in the playground then?
I replayed the horrible scene in my head, over and over again.
"She thinks she's so great," her voice echoed in my mind. "Oooh, her dad is a professor! I'm SO scared!"
The picture of Bridgette's horrible smirk was etched in my mind. Clarissa and Mindy were silent, gaping, statues.
Suddenly, I picked myself up and ran out of the garden, out, into the empty street. "I will pay you back, Bridgette," I said, kicking a stone. "And that's a promise."
Then, I turned, and walked back to the classroom.
"Have you been CRYING, Tiffany?" Elisa said, shocked. "Who made you....."
I looked around to see if anyone was watching, then leaned into her ear and said. "Bridgette. But don't tell her I told you."
"Promise." Elisa pushed her bracelet further up her arm. "What did she do?"
"Uh..." I mumbled uncomfortably. "Called me REALLY mean names....Yeah, I don't want to talk about it."
Clarissa and Mindy went over to talk to me, but Bridgette hissed, "Don't! We don't talk to freaks."
One thing for sure was she said it loud enough for me to hear.
I took a deep breath and said, "Who's the freak? You? Well then why did THEY talk to you? Let alone breathe in you? I mean, you could catch a TERRIBLE illness."
I quickly covered my mouth, but Bridgette wasn't angry. "Oh really? You are.........um......" she uttered back.
Suddenly, I remembered an insult I'd read in a book. "Well, hellooo? You just proved it. Your head is SO empty that if I shone a torch in your ear, your eyes would light up."
"Fine then, anyone can join Tiffany. As if," Bridgette smirked the same horrible smirk she had in the playground. But this smirk fell down into gaping silence.
"I'm joining her," Mindy said bravely.
"I am too," Clarissa piped in.
"Fine then," Bridgette said, even though she was lost for words. I could see the sly light in her smashing. "Go catch cancer or something."
You see, when it's RE, we have tasks because we don't have religions in the list. And they are always math tasks. Bridgette ALWAYS copies from Clarissa.
"Okay then," I smirked. "But remember to study. RE is in half an hour."

No comments:

Post a Comment